Bear Bott Anchor InsertRegular price £6.99
Tencel Anchor Insert
The ultimate customisable insert for your Bear Bott pocket, All-In-Two, Wrap or Fitted Nappy, this anchor insert features..
• Tencel with Bamboo Cotton, four absorbent layers in total, however this insert is designed to fold in half so that’s 8 layers total of superior absorbency!
• This insert has a popper to keep it in place when used alongside the All-In-Two cover, wrap or fitted nappy, or it can be stuffed into one of my pocket nappy covers.
• Athletic wicking jersey topped, which means this insert can be placed next to babies skin and it will keep your baby dry and cool.
Click here to find out more about Tencel and why it is the fabric of the future for sustainability!
Tencel fabrics are arguably the most environmentally friendly available, but what are they?
There are two types of Tencel, Tencel Lyocell and Tencel Modal. Manufactured by the same company they are similar but not the same.
Modal is manufactured from Beech Trees while the production of Lyocell utilizes Eucalyptus wood. Beech and Eucalyptus trees grow extremely quickly and require minimal pesticide and care, they can be replenished quickly after harvesting. This prevents over harvesting, as the trees that are cut will grow back in a short time period.
I have chosen Tencel Lyocell as the absorbency in my products as it is more durable and has moisture wicking properties versus Tencel Modal, Tencel Lyocell is also produced using a closed loop system* meaning the production process requires less than half the water used in the production of fibers from cotton. Tencel Lyocell is also toxin free and Oeko-Tex® certified.
Benefits of Tencel Lyocell for your cloth nappy journey…
• Highly absorbent yet quick drying, excellent for our climate.
• Lightweight and slimline.
• Moisture wicking and breathable.
• Sustainable, amazing eco credentials that would be hard to beat with any other fabric on the market right now.
• Durable - Strong and will last the vigorous wash routine that cloth nappies go through!
• Biodegradable and compostable under soil, home and industrial conditions!
• Sourced from Eucalyptus trees certified by FSC and PEFC
Note - Not all Lyocell is made equal.
Lenzing produces biodegradable and recyclable Lyocell fabric using ethically-sourced raw materials that undergo closed-loop production cycles. Each Tencel Lyocell fabric roll is tested by Lenzing before swing tags are issued to be used on certified product.
*Tencel Lyocell is made using a circular production technique (closed loop). Everything used in the wood pulp breakdown process are collected and recycled, completing the eco-friendly production cycle.